Food, Facts & Fun
- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
- 1 lb Mountain View Meat Company Smoked Sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 (32 oz) carton carton beef broth
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup dry red Oklahoma-made wine
- 1 tsp Daddy Hinkle’s Original Instant Meat Marinade
- 1 tsp dried Italian seasoning
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans Italian-style tomatoes
- 1 (16 oz) bag frozen cut green beans
- 1 (8 oz) pkg J-M Farms Sliced Fresh Mushrooms
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 3 medium zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 (20 oz) pkg refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
Slice sausage into rounds. In a Dutch oven or soup pot, sauté sausage with onion, cooking on medium heat for about 10 minutes.
Add beef broth, tomato sauce, wine, Daddy Hinkle’s seasoning, Italian seasoning, tomatoes, green beans, mushrooms, carrots and zucchini. Add 5 to 6 cups of water, depending on how much broth you want for your soup.
Bring to a boil. Cover, then reduce heat to low, and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes until carrots are tender.
In a large saucepan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Set aside.
When soup is done, ladle soup into bowls then add tortellini to each bowl. Top with Parmesan cheese.
MIO Expo 2017
All together under one roof, see how MIO and its members support each other.