Food, Facts & Fun
- Prep Time = 0hrs 3-4mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 10-12mins
We have cookies that are as sweet as America herself!
- 1 Cup Hiland Unsalted Butter
- 1/3 Cup Shortening
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Cup Packed light brown sugar
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Griffin's Vanilla
- 3 1/2 Cups Shawnee Mills All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 pint Billy Goat Bourbon Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (for the adults)
- 1 pint Billy Goat Salted Caramel Ice Cream (for the kids)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, white
sugar and brown sugar until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt, then mix into the creamed mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
3. Place 1/4 cupfuls of dough onto baking sheet, allowing for approximately 9 cookies per
sheet. Slightly flatten each dough ball with the palm of your hand. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until light golden brown. Don't overbake. Cool 2 minutes before removing from baking sheets.
4. Once cooled, sandwich cookies with scoops of Billy Goat Ice Cream.
5. Eat immediately. Or, to store, wrap each sandwich in plastic wrap, and then place in a large freezer bag, and keep in freezer.
Ice Cream Sandwich Tip:
Slightly under bake cookies. This keeps cookies soft and chewy, even once frozen.
MIO Expo 2017
All together under one roof, see how MIO and its members support each other.