- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 25mins
- 1 pkg Fast Fixin Italian-Style Meatballs
- 2 French Loafs, Cut into thirds
- 9 slices Mozzarella cheese
- 2 Tbs Hiland butter, Melted
- 1 Cup Fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbs Extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, Crushed
- 1/4 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 Tbs Chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp Dried Italian seasoning
- 1 28 Oz Can Crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 Cup Suan's Scotch Bonnet Sweet Tomato Jam
1. In a sauté pan, warm garlic in olive oil over medium heat. Add red pepper flakes, parsley, Italian seasoning, crushed tomatoes and tomato jam. Bring to a simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add the meatballs to marinara sauce. Bring back to simmer, and let warm through, about 10 minutes.
3. To assemble sandwiches, slice French rolls. Place 7-8 meatballs and some sauce on each roll bottom. Place 1 ½ slices of mozzarella cheese over each sandwich. Place French roll tops on each sandwich. Brush tops with melted butter. Bake in a 350-degree oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is lightly golden.
4. Let cool slightly, then and add fresh basil leaves to each sandwich. Serve warm.