- Prep Time = 0hrs 0mins
- Cook Time = 0hrs 0mins
This chili is perfect for tailgates. Make it ahead of time, then pack it in a slow cooker on game day.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 lbs Schwab's Old Worlds German Bratwurst or Mountain View Meats Co Polish Sausage, Sliced into rounds
- 1 Triple S Farms Sweet Potatoes, Cut into Cubes
- 1 Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, Chopped
- 2 Clove Garlic
- 12 oz Coop Elevator Wheat Beer
- 1 cup Beef Broth
- 1 pkg Chili Seasoning
- 1 (10 oz) can 10-oz can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15 oz) can 15-oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- chopped cilantro
- Hiland Sour Cream
- La Baguette Bistro Garlic Toast
In a Dutch oven or heavy pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. When hot, add the brats or Polish sausage and brown on both sides. When brats are well-browned, remove and set aside.
Add potatoes, sautéing until browned, about 5 minutes. Add bell pepper, onion and garlic, cooking until tender. Add beer, beef broth, chili seasoning, diced tomatoes and beans. Bring to a boil, then turn down to a simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender. For a less thick stew, add more beer, beef broth or water.
Garnish with cilantro and sour cream, Served with La Baguette, Bistro Garlic Toast